You will watch six short video films about some great discoveries in physics made by outstanding scientists.
As you watch match the videos 1-6 with the appropriate headings A-H in the text.
There are two extra headings which you do not need to use.
- Two of the three British physicists admired by Albert Einstein
- Scientific masterpiece as a result of an effective “external stimulus”
- Crisis in scientific knowledge leading to new insights and discoveries
- Electric generator technology appeared due to efforts of these scientists
- Another breakthrough in the study of atom and nuclear physics
- A surprising discovery inspired by experiments with gold foil
- Revolutions and revolutionaries in science
- It may take quite a while before a genius gets widely recognized by their professional community